1. Community Guidelines & User Content
(A) ECR Online and ECR Online Chat. ECR Online includes an interactive platform that allows for the posting or uploading of comments or user generated content such as video, photos, messages, other materials or items (collectively, “User Content"). You are solely responsible for your use of any ECR Online feature and you use the entire service/platform at your own risk.
(B) Community Guidelines. If you submit any User Content or participate in ECR Online you agree to abide by the following rules of conduct:
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others;
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that is offensive to the online community, including blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity.
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains or advocates pornography, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene.
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that violates any law or engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that advocates or provides instruction on illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit User Content that does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Interactive Area;
- You agree not to interfere with any other user's right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally identifiable information about ECR Online users or posting private information about a third party;
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component;
- You agree not to interfere with or disrupt ECR Online or the servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- You agree not to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of ECR Online;
- You agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Any person determined by ECR Online, in its sole discretion, to have violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on ECR Online;
ECR Online shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content posted or uploaded to ECR Online to determine compliance with these Terms of Service and any operating rules established by ESR/ECR and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. Although ESR/ECR has no obligation to monitor, screen, edit or remove any of the User Content posted or uploaded to ECR Online, ESR/ECR reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to screen, edit, refuse to post or remove without notice any User Content posted or uploaded to ECR Online at any time and for any reason, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Content posted to the Site at your sole cost and expense.
3. License to User Content
By submitting User Content to ECR Online you automatically grant ESR/ECR the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, sub-license and otherwise exploit such User Content (in whole or in part) worldwide in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such User Content. You warrant that such User Content is accurate and not misleading, and that use and posting or other transmission of such User Content does not violate these Terms of Service and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. You further grant ESR/ECR the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or ESR/ECR's rights in the User Content by a breach of these Terms of Service
4. Third Party Content
ESR/ECR is partly a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers or users of ECR Online, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of ESR/ECR. Neither ESR/ECR nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
In many instances, the content available through ECR Online represents the opinions and judgments of the respective user or information provider not under contract with ESR/ECR. ESR/ECR neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on ECR Online by any third party. Under no circumstances will ESR/ECR be liable for any loss or damage caused by your use or reliance on information obtained through ECR Live. ESR/ECR is not responsible for any actions or inaction on your part based on the information that is presented on ECR Online. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through ECR Online. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
5. Advertisements and Promotions
ESR/ECR may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on ECR Online. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than ESR/ECR, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. ESR/ECR is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
6. Private Data - Acceptance
I herewith accept the terms and conditions of ECR Online and I agree that my personal data, comprising full name, profession, address (institution, hospital, department, address) and e-mail address is being passed on to ECR sponsors listed on the homepage myESR.org for the purpose of providing marketing and information material relating to the field of radiology as well as information on scientific events.
I further agree that the ESR shall be entitled to send me emails containing marketing information from the ECR sponsors listed on the homepage myESR.org .
I further agree that ESR shall be entitled to send me updates about future ESR and ECR projects.
The participant is entitled to revoke his/her consent to the specific data processing at any time by sending a corresponding e-mail to info@myESR.org.